We embed sustainability into most areas of the curriculum and school life to encourage our students to take responsibility for, and make a difference to the environment, both locally and globally.
We have a hands on approach to reducing, reusing and recycling and are constantly learning together about how we can make a positive difference.
Some of our achievements:
- We partake in ‘Plant a Tree Day’ to help biodiversity at the school.
- We have a flourishing Productive Gardening Club where students plant vegetables and herbs and then sell the produce at the Snack Shack.
- We are a ‘Nude Food’ school, meaning we encourage lunchboxes to be free of excess packaging. This reduces the amount of waste sent to landfill.
- We aim for low and no waste events.
- We actively recycle classroom waste.
- We have a 'Sustainability Corner' in our fortnightly newsletter that useful provides tips and information for the whole school community.
- We have solar power to generate some of our own electricity and reduce our consumption of fossil fuels.
- We have large water tanks to use on the productive gardens and other areas of the school.
- We have a dedicated Sustainability Committee to oversee a whole school approach to sustainability.
We are currently looking to formalise this commitment through an accredited program - so watch this space!