All the research shows that kids do better when their families are involved in their education, and at Ripponlea we foster strong home-school partnerships to achieve the best results for all of our students.
We communicate through a number of channels to keep families up-to date and engaged.
To keep parents informed about what’s happening in and out of the classroom, teachers provide regular updates on Seesaw. Specialist teachers also have their own blogs to showcase what’s happening in their subjects. We strongly recommend that you subscribe to both these platforms. Login details are provided at the start of each school year.
We also use the COMPASS parent portal that allows the school to efficiently deliver communication to parents.
COMPASS enables you to:
- receive year level or school wide updates;
- monitor your child's attendance;
- log your child’s absence;
- view the school’s calendar of events;
- update your family contact details; and
- read fortnightly newsletters.
Once a fortnight - on a Wednesday - we publish a newsletter to share key updates. These are circulated via email and Compass.
We schedule the following Parent–Teacher meetings:
- Held in February, You Tell Us sessions are an opportunity for you to share information about your child.
- Student-Led Conferences take place in June/July when you meet with both your child and their teacher to discuss your child’s learning journey.
- You can schedule in additional meetings by emailing your child’s teacher.
Parent Information Sessions are held throughout the year, including:
Student Reports and Portfolios
- Year Level Team Information Sessions are conducted by teachers to provide parents with a snapshot of the year ahead.
- School Council Information Sessions are held throughout the year.
Student reports are written by your child's class teacher and sent home in June and December.
Student portfolios are a key tool that students use to reflect on, and assess their progress over time. Throughout the year, students collate examples of key learning activities undertaken as a record of their educational journey. Parents are welcome to review their child's portfolio at any time. Portfolios are also used as a reference for discussion during Student-Led Conferences.