The old adage “many hands make light work” is something we live and breathe at Ripponlea, and our enthusiastic and engaged parent community truly is something that sets us apart.
Participating in school activities and events is a great way to get involved, meet other parents and support the school community.
There are many opportunities for you to get involved:
- Helping in the classroom
- Helping on sports days or excursions
- Snack Shack duty
- Helping in the uniform shop
- Acting as a class rep
- Working in the productive garden
- Pitching in at a working bee
- Participating in School Council or a committee
- Coaching a school sporting team
- Ripper Families events and fundraising activities.
Ripper Families is the group that runs school fundraising activities and social events for all members of our school community to enjoy.
Some of the Ripper Family occasions are:
- School Holiday Family Movie mornings
- Hot Cross Bun sales
- Mother’s and Father’s Day Stalls
- Bunnings BBQs/Election Day BBQs
- Cake Stalls
- Mums’ Night Dinners
- Keepsake cards, calendars and diaries
- Sushi lunches and other special lunch days.
if you have any suggestions for events or would like to get involved – all are welcome.
If you are keen to help out, you will require a valid 'Working With Children Check' - the application process is easy and free.